Why Should I Buy A Car From A Dealership Like Adrian Brien Automotive Rather Than Through A Private Seller?
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Which is better Car Dealership or Private Seller? I’m interested in purchasing a new car and I’ve never done this before.
A: Thank you for this great question! There are a number of reasons why purchasing your next vehicle from a reputable Car Dealership such as Adrian Brien Automotive is more advantageous than from a Private Seller which we will discuss below.
- Recourse: With a reputable Car Dealership if there is any issues you can always go back to the Car Dealership to discuss your concerns where as with a Private Seller you have little or no recourse. When you buy privately you are buying “as is” and exactly as you see it. Any problems that the car may have become your problems.
- Ownership: With a Car Dealership you can be guaranteed that all of the ownership paperwork is in order. With a Private Seller if the vehicle is found to be stolen, then the buyer is out of luck. The law says that a stolen vehicle returns to the original owner. The buyer loses the whole purchase price and would have to sue the seller, who by then may or may not be able to be found.
- Liens: With a Private Seller there is also the risk of liens being registered against the vehicle. Any liens that are found to be registered against the vehicle would then be the responsibility of the new owner… they would have to either pay out the lien or face repossession of the vehicle by the lien holder or the vehicle may have had prior accident damage and the buyer would have little or no recourse.
When consumers buy a vehicle from a registered dealer, they are protected by numerous pieces of legislation, such as the Sale of Goods Act, the Consumer Protection Act and the Business Practices Act, to name a few.
By law, dealers must guarantee title against stolen vehicles. Also, dealers must guarantee that there are no liens on the vehicle. They must use Bills of Sale that abide to the law and are required to report all known material facts about the vehicle.
Here are some services that a Car Dealership can provide that a Private Seller can not:
- A Dealer’s Warranty.
- After Sales Service.
- Title Guarantee against stolen vehicles.
- Assistance with Finance, Insurance and Extended Warranties.
- Lien free vehicles.
- Car Care Application.
- Spare Parts.
- New Car Warranty – for new vehicles.
- Workshop Approved Certification – for pre-owned vehicles.
If you would like to learn more please speak to one of our Sales Consultants on (08) 8374 5444 to learn more about the benefits of purchasing your next vehicle from a reputable Car Dealership such as Adrian Brien Automotive.
Your experience is our priority at Adrian Brien Automotive.
For choice, convenience and credibility search our stock now!
Source: Car Shopping? Yahoo Answers.