Thai Chicken Salad
With the festive season just around the corner, you may be looking for ways to keep your guests happy. In which case, this Thai chicken salad makes for easy and impressive entertaining.
- 15 minutes.
- 10 minutes.
- 4 serves.
- 175g thin rice noodles.
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into 3cm lengths.
- 200g snow peas or green beans.
- 4 spring onions, shredded.
- 250g punnet cherry tomatoes, halved.
- 2 cups Thai basil leaves.
- 2 cups mint leaves.
- 1 barbecued chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded.
- Juice of 2 limes.
- 2 tbsp grated palm sugar (from Asian food shops and selected supermarkets).
- 100ml fish sauce.
- 2 long red chillies, finely chopped.
- 2 tbsp chopped peanuts
- Soak the rice noodles in boiling water for 4 minutes to soften. Drain, refresh in cold water, then place in a large bowl. Blanch asparagus and snow peas in boiling water for 2 minutes until just tender.
- Drain, refresh in cold water, then add to the bowl of noodles with the spring onions, cherry tomatoes, herbs and chicken. Combine lime juice and sugar in a separate bowl, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Stir in fish sauce and chilli, then drizzle over salad, toss to combine, and serve garnished with chopped peanuts.
Source: Thai Chicken Salad
Do you have a favourite family recipe that you would like to share? Send it in and we may feature it in a future eNewsletter.