The 2014 Jeep Cherokee Climbs To The Top Of The Mid-Size SUV Segment
The 2014 Jeep Cherokee Is All New, All Refined and All Jeep
Serenely carving back country lanes, negotiating rocky trails or dropping the kids off at school, the all-new 2014 Jeep® Cherokee climbs to the top of the D-segment SUV list with athletic ease. With supremely confident, all-weather performance, up to 2,400kg trailer towing capacity (2.0L CRD Turbo Diesel) and three engine choices, the Jeep® Cherokee is offered in four trim levels, including the ruggedly capable Jeep® Cherokee Trailhawk. Take the high-velocity character lines of the aero-sculpted exterior and add an outstanding, versatile interior with superior infotainment technology, unexpected convenience and a phenomenal degree of safety features and the result is a new standard for the SUV world.
Six Reasons Why The 2014 Jeep Cherokee Should Be Your Next Vehicle
1. Legendary Jeep 4×4 Capability
Jeep® Cherokee makes you feel calm in traffic, serene on the highway and invulnerable off the beaten track.
From excellent approach and departure angles to an impressive ground clearance, from advanced suspension design to a selection of rugged Jeep® drive trains, Jeep® Cherokee is ready for anything – rocks, sand or bad weather.
Customers may choose from three four-wheel-drive drive train selections:
- Jeep® Active Drive I: a full-time, active, all-weather system with a single-speed Power Transfer Unit (PTU) – always ready, willing and able to provide four-wheel-drive traction when needed.
- Jeep® Active Drive II: a new 4×4 two-speed PTU system with full-time torque management and a selectable 2.92:1 low gear ratio.
- Jeep® Active Drive Lock (standard on Trailhawk): everything in Active Drive II plus a rear locking axle for the ultimate in 4×4 capability.
Active Drive systems feature Jeep® Selec-TerrainTM with Auto, Sport, Snow, Sand/Mud and on Trailhawk, Rock modes, to enhance driver control in difficult situations. Jeep® Selec-TerrainTM is a sophisticated traction management system that modulates braking, throttle control, transmission shifting, transfer case, traction control, Hill Start Assist, Hill Descent Control, Electronic Stability Control and more.
2. Superior Performance And Handing
This is a vehicle you can settle into, drive all day and even have fun with on curvy roads.
Jeep® Cherokee’s road handling, ride and NVH (Noise, Vibration and Harshness) characteristics are dramatic standouts in the segment.
The 2014 Jeep Cherokee features:
- Independent front and rear suspensions with superior handling, improved ride quality and reduced road noise.
- A rigid body structure for improved handling and quieter ride.
- Electric power steering that’s nimble and helps save fuel.
- Excellent fuel Economy, low-end torque and smooth power at all speeds.
Three different engines, designed for diverse customer needs, all offer the brawn to pull Jeep® Cherokee through rugged terrain and the refinement to quietly cruise on highways. The efficient 2.0L CRD Turbo Diesel four-cylinder engine produces 125 kW and 350 N.m of torque. The proven 2.4L Tigershark™ MultiAir2® four-cylinder engine produces 130 kW and 229 N.m of torque. The all-new 3.2L Pentastar® V6 engine produces 200 kW and 315 N.m of torque.
All engines come standard with the 9-speed transmission.
The 9-speed automatic transmission is a feature to be expected on premium cars, not necessarily a D-segment SUV. Its wide ratio spread and shift schedule contribute to efficiency and off-road crawl ratio and its solid construction continues the Jeep® tradition of rugged durability. For an extra boost in efficiency, the disconnecting rear axle limits power train losses by automatically disconnecting when 4-wheel drive is not needed, yet will still provide 4×4 performance when conditions demand it.
3. Exceptional Fuel Efficiency
Sleek aerodynamic design, powerful engines and remarkable drive line efficiency bring excitement and impressive fuel economy to the segment.
A break through design for the segment, Jeep® Cherokee is all-modern yet with traditional Jeep® styling cues. Its aero silhouette, body sculpting and gently sloping rear roof line account for part of its impressive fuel economy. The 7-slot grille, trapezoidal wheel arches and short overhangs are unmistakable Jeep® vehicle design.
4. World Class Craftsmanship And Versatility
Outside: A sleek, modern statement.
Inside: the place you want to be – comfortable seating, rich-feeling surfaces, easy-to-manipulate controls and loads of cool technology.
- Customers in the Jeep® Cherokee segment long for adventure yet still want sophistication, refinement and a well crafted interior. The Jeep® Cherokee interior environment brings a welcome refuge for long highway trips or short urban drives with a nuanced, inventive and quality approach. Roomy, aesthetically pleasing and easy to live with, the interior offers premium soft-touch material on all models with accented interior finishes and trim; accent stitching on the instrument panel, doors and seats; available LED ambient interior lighting; and seamlessly integrated technology.
- Increased spaciousness, plenty of rear leg room and standard 60/40 split-folding second-row seats with 152mm of fore/aft adjustment add to the practical touches found everywhere inside. Even more capability is available with the fold-flat passenger seat with in-seat storage (Longitude, Limited and Trailhawk models).
- For extra luxury, there are many optional amenities, including CommandView® dual-pane panoramic sunroof or Nappa leather seats, heated seats, heated steering wheel, ventilated front seats.
- Great NVH characteristics, including double dash sound insulation and premium NVH insulation, offer a more peaceful interior environment.
5. Advanced Safety And Security
Peace of mind comes standard with outstanding active and passive safety features for every trim level.
Jeep® Cherokee offers an enviable array of safety and security features.
Standard on all models:
- 7 air bags, including full-length side-curtain and side thorax.
- High-strength steel construction with front and rear crumple zones.
- Four-wheel disc anti-lock brakes with rough road detection.
- Electronic Stability Control, featuring traction control and Hill Start Assist.
Optional safety features include:
- Forward Collision Warning Plus.
- Adaptive Cruise Control with Stop and Go.
- Blind Spot Monitoring.
- Rear Cross-Path Detection.
- Park Sense Front/Rear Park Assist plus Parallel and Perpendicular Park Assist.
- Advanced Brake Assist.
- Lane Sense™ Lane Departure Warning Plus.
6. Advanced Technology
Sophisticated, yes. Complicated, no.
Many in the segment offer high-tech, but Jeep® is making a name for itself with advanced technology equipment that’s brought down to earth where real people can intuitively use it.
Jeep® Cherokee Sport and Longitude offer a Uconnect® 5.0 5-inch touchscreen radio with Voice Command and Bluetooth®, including Bluetooth Streaming Audio, plus a 3.5-inch Thin Film Transistor (TFT) cluster display.
Moving up in features but still with simple usability, the Uconnect 8.4N (Standard on Limited and Trailhawk) features a brilliant, 8.4-inch touchscreen display and provide relevant, focused information for occupants.
A 7-inch colour TFT instrument cluster display is standard on Limited and trailhawk and offers drivers a wide range of vehicle information customisations with easy-to-understand icons. Other optional upscale tech equipment includes Keyless Enter-NGo, wireless charging pad, 506-watt Alpine® sound system with 9 speakers plus subwoofer, ParkView Rear Back-Up Camera, ParkSense Active and Front/Rear Park Assist System, Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear Cross-Path Detection. (Not available on Sport).